20 Adar 5781, Thursday

4 March 2021


Zephaniah 3 - NIV Bible - Woe to the city of oppressors, rebellious and...

Psalm 119:89-96
ל (Lamed)
89 Your word continues forever, Adonai, firmly fixed in heaven;
90 your faithfulness through all generations; you established the earth, and it stands.

91 Yes, it stands today, in keeping with your rulings; for all things are your servants.
92 If your Torah had not been my delight, I would have perished in my distress.
93 I will never forget your precepts, for with them you have made me alive.
94 I am yours; save me because I seek your precepts.
95 The wicked hope to destroy me, but I focus on your instruction.
96 I see the limits of all perfection, but your mitzvah has no bounds.

 



Exodus 34:1-9
1 (v) Adonai said to Moshe, “Cut yourself two tablets of stone like the first ones; and I will inscribe on the tablets the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke. 2 Be ready by morning; in the morning you are to ascend Mount Sinai and present yourself to me on the top of the mountain. 3 No one is to come up with you, and no one is to be seen anywhere on the mountain; don’t even let the flocks or herds feed in front of this mountain.” 4 Moshe cut two stone tablets like the first. Then he got up early in the morning and, with the two stone tablets in his hands, ascended Mount Sinai, as Adonai had ordered him to do.
5 Adonai descended in the cloud, stood with him there and pronounced the name of Adonai. 6 Adonai passed before him and proclaimed: “YUD-HEH-VAV-HEH!!! Yud-Heh-Vav-Heh [Adonai] is God, merciful and compassionate, slow to anger, rich in grace and truth; 7 showing grace to the thousandth generation, forgiving offenses, crimes and sins; yet not exonerating the guilty, but causing the negative effects of the parents’ offenses to be experienced by their children and grandchildren, and even by the third and fourth generations.” 8 At once Moshe bowed his head to the ground, prostrated himself 9 and said, “If I have now found favor in your view, Adonai, then please let Adonai go with us, even though they are a stiffnecked people; and pardon our offenses and our sin; and take us as your possession.”



1 Samuel 19
8 War broke out again, and David went and fought the P’lishtim. He defeated them with a great slaughter, and they fled before him. 9 Then an evil spirit from Adonai came upon Sha’ul, as he sat in his house with his spear in his hand. David was playing his lyre, 10 when Sha’ul tried to pin David to the wall with the spear. But he dodged it and moved out of Sha’ul’s way, so that the spear stuck in the wall. David fled, so that night he escaped.
11 But Sha’ul sent messengers to David’s house to watch for him and kill him in the morning. Mikhal David’s wife told him, “If you don’t save your life tonight, tomorrow you’ll be dead.” 12 So Mikhal let David down through the window; and he left, fled and escaped. 13 Mikhal took the household idol, laid it on the bed, put a goat’s-hair quilt at its head and covered it with a cloth. 14 When Sha’ul sent messengers to capture David, she said, “He’s ill.” 15 Sha’ul sent the messengers to see David with the order, “Bring him up to me, bed and all, so that I can kill him.” 16 But when the messengers entered, there before them was the household idol in the bed, with the goat’s-hair quilt at its head. 17 Sha’ul asked Mikhal, “Why did you deceive me this way and let my enemy go and escape?” Mikhal answered Sha’ul, “He threatened me, ‘Let me go, or I’ll kill you.’”
18 David fled and escaped, then came to Sh’mu’el in Ramah and told him everything Sha’ul had done to him. So he and Sh’mu’el went and stayed in the prophets’ dormitory. 19 The news reached Sha’ul that David had been seen at the prophets’ dormitory in Ramah. 20 Sha’ul sent messengers to capture David. But when they saw the group of prophets prophesying, with Sh’mu’el standing and leading them, the Spirit of God fell on Sha’ul’s messengers; and they too began prophesying. 21 When Sha’ul was told, he sent other messengers; but they too began prophesying. Sha’ul sent messengers a third time, and they also prophesied. 22 Then he himself went to Ramah. When he arrived at the big cistern in Sekhu, he asked, “Where are Sh’mu’el and David?” Someone answered, “They’re at the prophets’ dormitory in Ramah.” 23 While on his way to the prophets’ dormitory in Ramah, the Spirit of God fell on him too; and he went on, prophesying, until he arrived at the prophets’ dormitory in Ramah. 24 He also stripped off his clothes, prophesied in Sh’mu’el’s presence and lay there naked all that day and all that night. Hence it continues to be an expression, “Is Sha’ul a prophet, too?”

 


Zephaniah 3

9 For then I will change the peoples, so that they will have pure lips,
to call on the name of Adonai, all of them, and serve him with one accord.
10 Even from beyond Ethiopia’s rivers they will bring those who petition me,
the daughter of my dispersed as my offering.
11 When that day comes, you will not be ashamed of everything you have done,
committing wrongs against me; for then I will remove from among you
those of you who take joy in arrogance; you will no longer be full of pride on my holy mountain.
12 I will leave among you a poor and afflicted people, who will find their refuge
in the name of Adonai.”
13 The remnant of Isra’el will not do wrong, nor will they speak lies,
nor will there be found in their mouths a tongue given over to deceit;
for they will be able to graze and lie down, with no one to disturb them.
14 Sing, daughter of Tziyon! Shout, Isra’el!
Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, daughter of Yerushalayim!
15 Adonai has removed the judgments against you, he has expelled your enemy;
the king of Isra’el, Adonai, is right there with you.
You no longer need to fear that anything bad will happen.
16 On that day, it will be said to Yerushalayim,
“Do not fear, Tziyon! don’t let your hands droop down.
17 Adonai your God is right there with you, as a mighty savior.
He will rejoice over you and be glad, he will be silent in his love,
he will shout over you with joy.”
18 “I will gather those of yours who grieve over the appointed feasts
and bear the burden of reproach [because they cannot keep them].
19 When that time comes, I will deal with all those who oppress you.
I will save her who is lame, gather her who was driven away,
and make them whose shame spread over the earth the object of praise and renown.

20 When that time comes, I will bring you in; when that time comes, I will gather you
and make you the object of fame and praise among all the peoples of the earth —
when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes,” says Adonai.

Dear Avi,

Blessed are YOU O HOLY One of Israel, Adonai Elohim Tzeva'ot! King of the Universe! My Everlasting! Toda Raba O GOD, for all these precious promises. I hold on to them. I hold on to them, because I cannot live without YOUR WORD. I am oppressed by YOUR enemies that's why I press on in YOUR WORD. I do not feel like I felt last year, full of bliss and excitement because of YOUR Shekinah but Avi, I YOUR WORDS I cling to. Toda O GOD that YOU will surround me with YOUR love, singing over me, YOU rejoice over me, and YOU will quiet all my anxieties with YOUR love. YOU will deal with all those who oppress me because they spread shame but YOU will make me an object of praise and renwown when YOU restore my fortunes before my very eyes! Restore me O GOD, restore me and renew my mind, I am yet to see the best days of my life. Toda Raba O GOD Almighty!

Toda for hearing the petitions of my mouth and heart. Toda O GOD for all YOUR promises to me are YES and Amen on this very year of 2021!!! Toda O GOD! YOU are greatly to be praised! Please prepare us all to receive YOUR great and precious promises! 

For YOU alone deserve all the glory, honor power and praises! YOU alone deserve our utmost love and devotion! O GOD of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, My YESHUA, Ruach Hakodesh!

Ba HaShem YESHUA HaMashiach, Amen!




Acts 5
11 As a result of this, great fear came over the whole Messianic community, and indeed over everyone who heard about it.
12 Meanwhile, through the emissaries many signs and miracles continued to be done among the people. United in mind and purpose, the believers met in Shlomo’s Colonnade; 13 and no one else dared to join them. Nevertheless, the people continued to regard them highly; 14 and throngs of believers were added to the Lord, both men and women. 15 They went so far as to bring the sick into the streets and lay them on mattresses and stretchers, so that at least Kefa’s shadow might fall on them as he passed by. 16 Crowds also gathered from the towns around Yerushalayim, bringing the sick and those afflicted with unclean spirits; and every one of them was healed.
17 But the cohen hagadol and his associates, who were members of the party of the Tz’dukim, were filled with jealousy. 18 They arrested the emissaries and put them in the public jail. 19 But during the night, an angel of Adonai opened the doors of the prison, led them out and said, 20 “Go, stand in the Temple court and keep telling the people all about this new life!” 21 After hearing that, they entered the Temple area about dawn and began to teach.
29 Kefa and the other emissaries answered, “We must obey God, not men. 30 The God of our fathers[a] raised up Yeshua, whereas you men killed him by having him hanged on a stake.[b] 31 God has exalted this man at his right hand[c] as Ruler and Savior, in order to enable Isra’el to do t’shuvah and have her sins forgiven. 32 We are witnesses to these things; so is the Ruach HaKodesh, whom God has given to those who obey him.”
34 But one of the members of the Sanhedrin rose to his feet, a Parush named Gamli’el, a teacher of the Torah highly respected by all the people. He ordered the men put outside for a little while 35 and then addressed the court: “Men of Isra’el, take care what you do to these people. 36 Some time ago, there was a rebellion under Todah, who claimed to be somebody special; and a number of men, maybe four hundred, rallied behind him. But upon his being put to death, his whole following was broken up and came to nothing. 37 After this, Y’hudah HaG’lili led another uprising, back at the time of the enrollment for the Roman tax; and he got some people to defect to him. But he was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 So in the present case, my advice to you is not to interfere with these people, but to leave them alone. For if this idea or this movement has a human origin, it will collapse. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop them; you might even find yourselves fighting God!”
They heeded his advice. 40 After summoning the emissaries and flogging them, they commanded them not to speak in the name of Yeshua, and let them go. 41 The emissaries left the Sanhedrin overjoyed at having been considered worthy of suffering disgrace on account of him. 42 And not for a single day, either in the Temple court or in private homes, did they stop teaching and proclaiming the Good News that Yeshua is the Messiah.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The HOLY Days of IYAR - Introduction

16 Tevet 5781, Thursday

5 Shevat 5781, Monday