17 Shevat 5781, Shabbat B'shallach

Saturday, 30 January 2021

Beshalach 2015

Psalm 105:31-45
31 He spoke, and there came swarms of insects and lice throughout their land.
32 He gave them hail instead of rain, with fiery [lightning] throughout their land.
33 He struck their vines and fig trees, shattering trees all over their country.
34 He spoke, and locusts came, also grasshoppers without number;
35 they ate up everything green in their land, devoured the fruit of their ground.
36 He struck down all the firstborn in their land, the firstfruits of all their strength.
37 Then he led his people out, laden with silver and gold; among his tribes not one stumbled.
38 Egypt was happy to have them leave, because fear of [Isra’el] had seized them.
39 He spread out a cloud to screen them off and fire to give them light at night.
40 When they asked, he brought them quails and satisfied them with food from heaven.
41 He split a rock, and water gushed out, flowing as a river over the dry ground,
42 for he remembered his holy promise to his servant Avraham.
43 He led out his people with joy, his chosen ones with singing.
44 Then he gave them the lands of the nations, and they possessed what peoples had toiled to produce,
45 in order to obey his laws and follow his teachings. Halleluyah!

Avi Yakar,

Blessed are YOU Adonai Elohim Tzeva'ot King of the Universe! My Everlasting Sar Shalom! Glory to YOUR Most HOLY and revered Name. Great are YOU O LORD! Forgive all my sins O GOD, known and unknown, search me and forgive, cleanse me with the blood of YESHUA and heal everyone of us O GOD. Heal me of all my frustrations and disappointments so that I can always rejoice in YOU! Toda Raba for this beautiful Shabbat, I pray that this Shabbat will be a rested Shabbat! Toda for hearing my prayers everytime I come to YOU, not according to my efforts but because YOU are faithful. But I strive to be holy and righteous O GOD, just as YOU are HOLY. I strive to be but I can never be without YOUR Ruach Hakodesh filling me and leading me, taking over me completely.

 

Sh'mot (Exo) 17:16 CJB

17 (vii) The whole community of the people of Isra’el left the Seen Desert, traveling in stages, as Adonai had ordered, and camped at Refidim; but there was no water for the people to drink. The people quarreled with Moshe, demanding, “Give us water to drink!” But Moshe replied, “Why pick a fight with me? Why are you testing Adonai?” However, the people were thirsty for water there and grumbled against Moshe, “For what did you bring us up from Egypt? To kill us, our children and our livestock with thirst?”

Moshe cried out to Adonai, “What am I to do with these people? They’re ready to stone me!” Adonai answered Moshe, “Go on ahead of the people, and bring with you the leaders of Isra’el. Take your staff in your hand, the one you used to strike the river; and go. I will stand in front of you there on the rock in Horev. You are to strike the rock, and water will come out of it, so the people can drink.” Moshe did this in the sight of the leaders of Isra’el. The place was named Massah [testing] and M’rivah [quarreling] because of the quarreling of the people of Isra’el and because they tested Adonai by asking, “Is Adonai with us or not?”

Then ‘Amalek came and fought with Isra’el at Refidim. Moshe said to Y’hoshua, “Choose men for us, go out, and fight with ‘Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with God’s staff in my hand.” 10 Y’hoshua did as Moshe had told him and fought with ‘Amalek. Then Moshe, Aharon and Hur went up to the top of the hill. 11 When Moshe raised his hand, Isra’el prevailed; but when he let it down, ‘Amalek prevailed. 12 However, Moshe’s hands grew heavy; so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it. Aharon and Hur held up his hands, the one on the one side and the other on the other; so that his hands stayed steady until sunset. 13 Thus Y’hoshua defeated ‘Amalek, putting their people to the sword.

(Maftir) 14 Adonai said to Moshe, “Write this in a book to be remembered, and tell it to Y’hoshua: I will completely blot out any memory of ‘Amalek from under heaven.” 15 Moshe built an altar, called it Adonai Nissi [Adonai is my banner/miracle], 16and said, Because their hand was against the throne of Yah , Adonai will fight Amalek generation after generation. 

Dear Avi,

O HOLY One of Israel! I cling to YOU My GOD and King. I worship YOU early in the morning, I feed on YOU for YOU are my reason for being, heal me Avi of my nail biting. Heal me. Have mercy on me and heal me. Take care of me, satisfy my heart and soul. I want to see YOUR glory once more, and again and again. I have not lost all hope Father, I am hoping in YOU continually, I am waiting on YOU and I am thankful for such wonderful blessings YOU have poured out on me and my family. Toda for our new helpers who are such great blessings! Father, please take care of their families. Father, please set Lara free from the relationship that is not blessed by her family, Lara the daughter of Fatima, please give her a heart that seeks YOU, and I pray the same for Karin, do not allow her to be led astray by the wrong men but preserve her, give her joy continually as she works in this home, give her peace and provide for all their needs. I pray for Nita to be saved, may she find her true love and desire in YOU. Humble us O LORD, our helpers, even Ciriaca continue to humble her and her family, do not allow them to be proud, do not allow her to think to highly of herself but to understand YOUR Sovereign hand, save Loreto Satera O GOD, save him in YESHUA, may he always come humbly before YOU and bless him along with all those that have been working with us many years. May we always see YOUR hand at work in our company. Humble Mom and Dad, give them a spirit of gratefulness, all of us O GOD, even my siblings and I, my husband. Humble us O GOD, do not allow us to be puffed up with pride. Heal us O GOD from all our wrong beliefs and put a right spirit within us. Do not allow us to be like the complaining Israelites in the wilderness, do not allow us to offend YOU, like others have. Do not allow us to sin against YOU deeply like Israel. Help us Adonai to walk in the truth. Awaken Dad's spirit and give him a revelation of YOUR Word, YOUR will and Plans for our family. Give Dad Dennis a divine encounter with YOU protect him always from harm, let him see visions and angels. So he can relate well to my husband who sees them too. Bless my husband like YOU blessed Caleb and Joshua, Samuel, John YOUR Beloved disciple who knew how to please YOU and make YOU smile.


Haftarah Bshallach: Shoftim (Judges) 4:45:31 (A); 5:131 (S)

Now D’vorah, a woman and a prophet, the wife of Lapidot, was judging Isra’el at that time. She used to sit under D’vorah’s Palm between Ramah and Beit-El, in the hills of Efrayim; and the people of Isra’el would come to her for judgment. She sent for Barak the son of Avino‘am, from Kedesh in Naftali, and said to him: “Adonai has given you this order: ‘Go, march to Mount Tavor, and take with you 10,000 men from the people of Naftali and Z’vulun. I will cause Sisra, the commander of Yavin’s army, to encounter you at the Kishon River with his chariots and troops; and I will hand him over to you.’”

Barak answered her: “If you go with me, I’ll go; but if you won’t go with me, I won’t go.” She replied, “Yes, I will gladly go with you; but the way you are doing it will bring you no glory; because Adonai will hand Sisra over to a woman.” Then D’vorah set out and went with Barak to Kedesh. 10 Barak summoned Z’vulun and Naftali to come to Kedesh. Ten thousand men followed him, and D’vorah went up with him.
14 D’vorah said to Barak: “Get going! This is the day when Adonai will hand Sisra over to you! Adonai has gone out ahead of you!” So Barak went down from Mount Tavor with 10,000 men following him; 15 and Adonai threw Sisra, all his chariots and his entire army into a panic before Barak’s sword; so that Sisra got down from his chariot and fled on foot.

Judges 5

1 On that day D’vorah and Barak the son of Avino‘am sang this song:

“When leaders in Isra’el dedicate themselves, and the people volunteer, you should all bless Adonai. Hear, kings; listen, princes; I will sing to Adonai! I will sing praise to Adonai the God of Isra’el.

12 “Awake, awake, D’vorah! Awake, awake, break into song! Arise, Barak! Lead away your captives, son of Avino‘am! 13 “Then a remnant of the nobles marched down; the people of Adonai marched down to me like warriors.

18 The people of Z’vulun risked their lives, Naftali too, on the open heights. 19 “Kings came; they fought. Yes, the kings of Kena‘an fought at Ta‘anakh, by the waters of Megiddo; but they took no spoil of silver. 20 They fought from heaven, the stars in their courses; yes, they fought against Sisra.

31 “May all your enemies perish like this, Adonai; but may those who love him be like the sun
going forth in its glory!” Then the land had rest for forty years.

Avi Yakar,

How Glorious YOU are that when we awake and break into song, the remnant of YOUR Noble people arise and volunteer to fight for YOUR cause Adonai! O LORD, may I always break into songs of praises and worship because YOU are worthy of it all! May goodness continue to reign in our country ruled by YOUR Kingdom. O GOD save us all. 


Brit Hadashah suggested readings for Parashah Bshallach:  

Luke 2:22-24; Yochanan (John) 6:25-35; 19:31-37; 1 Corinthians 10:113; 2 Corinthians 8:115; Revelation 15:14 


Luke 2:22-24

22 When the time came for their purification according to the Torah of Moshe, they took him up to Yerushalayim to present him to Adonai 23 (as it is written in the Torah of Adonai, “Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to Adonai”[a]) 24 and also to offer a sacrifice of a pair of doves or two young pigeons,[b] as required by the Torah of Adonai.

Yochanan (John) 6:25-35; 
27 Don’t work for the food which passes away but for the food that stays on into eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For this is the one on whom God the Father has put his seal.”
28 So they said to him, “What should we do in order to perform the works of God?” 29 Yeshua answered, “Here’s what the work of God is: to trust in the one he sent!”
34 They said to him, “Sir, give us this bread from now on.” 35 Yeshua answered, “I am the bread which is life! Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever trusts in me will never be thirsty.

John 19:31-37
34 However, one of the soldiers stabbed his side with a spear, and at once blood and water flowed out. 35 The man who saw it has testified about it, and his testimony is true. And he knows that he tells the truth, so you too can trust. 36 For these things happened in order to fulfill this passage of the Tanakh:
“Not one of his bones will be broken.”[a]
37 And again, another passage says, “They will look at him whom they have pierced.”

1 Corinthians 10:1-13; 
11 These things happened to them as prefigurative historical events, and they were written down as a warning to us who are living in the acharit-hayamim. 12 Therefore, let anyone who thinks he is standing up be careful not to fall! 13 No temptation has seized you beyond what people normally experience, and God can be trusted not to allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear. On the contrary, along with the temptation he will also provide the way out, so that you will be able to endure.

2 Corinthians 8:1-15; 
14 at present your abundance can help those in need; so that when you are in need, their abundance can help you — thus there is reciprocity. 15 It is as the Tanakh says,
“He who gathered much had nothing extra, and he who gathered little had nothing lacking.”

Revelation 15:1-4



1 Then I saw another sign in heaven, a great and wonderful one — seven angels with the seven plagues that are the final ones; because with them, God’s fury is finished. 2 I saw what looked like a sea of glass mixed with fire. Those defeating the beast, its image and the number of its name were standing by the sea of glass, holding harps which God had given them. 3 They were singing the song of Moshe, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb:
“Great and wonderful are the things you have done, Adonai, God of heaven’s armies!
Just and true are your ways, king of the nations!
4 Adonai, who will not fear and glorify your name? because you alone are holy.
All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous deeds have been revealed.”

Dear Avi,

O GOD of Glory! King of Majesty! May YOUR Name be revered by all those around me, recognizing that YOUR hand actively at work in all I do and say. Wow right now I am sleepy but I take authority over it with  what YOU have taught me. Angels of the Living GOD, slaughter all GOD's enemies that are trying to tempt me to sleep or sin against HIM. Carry me through my glory days with YESHUA my KING, just like I used during my Night Watching season. All glory honor and power belongs to YOU. I lay down at the feet of YESHUA all the peitions of my mouth today. 

Toda Raba for hearing my prayers and receiving them like sweet smelling incense. May the meditation of my heart and mind be pleasing to YOU O GOD, even of my husband's prayers. For YOU deserve our utmost worship, thanksgiving, praise, glory, honor, power, praises! 

Ba HaShem YESHUA HaMashiach, Amen!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16 Tevet 5781, Thursday

5 Shevat 5781, Monday

9 Shevat 5781, Erev Shabbat