9 Cheshvan Wed Shobe's Birthday

Reading: Genesis 14 | Jonah 3 | Revelations 7

Tehillim: Psalm 18


psalm 18 chiastic structure

Genesis 14 Abram and Melchizedek

18 Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High. 19 And he blessed him and said: “Blessed be Abram of God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth; 20 And blessed be God Most High, Who has delivered your enemies into your hand.” And he gave him [f]a tithe of all.

Jonah 3: 10 When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God relented of the disaster that he had said he would do to them, and he did not do it.

Revelations 7
9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.”
13 One of the elders asked me, “These people dressed in white robes — who are they, and where are they from?” 14 “Sir,” I answered, “you know.” Then he told me, “These are the people who have come out of the Great Persecution. They have washed their robes and made them white with the blood of the Lamb. 15 That is why they are before God’s throne.
“Day and night they serve him in his Temple; and the One who sits on the throne
will put his Sh’khinah upon them.

16 “They will never again be hungry, they will never again be thirsty,
the sun will not beat down on them, nor will any burning heat.[a]
17 “For the Lamb at the center of the throne will shepherd them, will lead them
to springs of living water,[b] and God will wipe every tear from their eyes.”[c]

You have put upon me your shekinah O GOD! Even while I'm on earth, YOU have put it upon me and that is why when it is not there, I feel sad and depressed. Please never take Your Shekinah from me.

 

Psalm 18
31 (30) “As for God, his way is perfect, the word of Adonai has been tested by fire;
he shields all who take refuge in him.
32 (31) “For who is God but Adonai?
Who is a Rock but our God?
33 (32) “It is God who girds me with strength;
he makes my way go straight.
34 (33) He makes me swift, sure-footed as a deer,
and enables me to stand on my high places.
35 (34) He trains my hands for war
until my arms can bend a bow of bronze;
36 (35) “You give me your shield, which is salvation,
your right hand holds me up,
your humility makes me great.
37 (36) You lengthen the steps I can take,
yet my ankles do not turn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16 Tevet 5781, Thursday

5 Shevat 5781, Monday

9 Shevat 5781, Erev Shabbat