Shabbat Chayei Sarah

26 Cheshvan 5781


CHAYEI SARAH (Life of Sarah)
Genesis 23:1–25:18;

Haftarah Hayyei-Sarah: M’lakhim Alef (1 Kings) 1:1–31

B’rit Hadashah suggested readings for Parashah Hayyei-Sarah: Mattityahu (Matthew) 8:19–22; 27:3–10; Luke 9:57–62; 1 Peter 3:1–7


“And the life of Sarah [Chayei Sarah] was a hundred and seven and twenty years; these were the years of the life of Sarah.” (Genesis 23:1)


Genesis 25:12-18

1 Kings 1 - Biden is like Adoniyah claiming to be King
Adoniyah the son of Haggit was beginning to claim that he would be king; to this end he organized chariots and horsemen, with fifty men to run ahead of him. (His father had never in his life confronted him by asking, “Why are you behaving this way?” Moreover, he was a very handsome man; he was born next after Avshalom.)

28 King David answered by saying, “Summon Bat-Sheva to me.” She entered the king’s presence and stood before the king. 29 Then the king swore an oath: “As Adonai lives, who has delivered me from all adversity, 30 as I swore to you by Adonai the God of Isra’el, ‘Your son Shlomo will be king after me; he will sit on my throne in my place,’ so will I do today.” 31 Bat-Sheva bowed with her face to the ground, prostrating herself to the king, and said, “Let my lord King David live forever.”




Matthew 8:19-22

19 A Torah-teacher approached and said to him, “Rabbi, I will follow you wherever you go.” 20 Yeshua said to him, “The foxes have holes, and the birds flying about have nests, but the Son of Man has no home of his own.”


Luke 9:57-62

62 To him Yeshua said, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and keeps looking back is fit to serve in the Kingdom of God.”


1 Peter 3:1-7


3 In the same way, wives, submit to your husbands; so that even if some of them do not believe the Word, they will be won over by your conduct, without your saying anything, 2 as they see your respectful and pure behavior. 3 Your beauty should not consist in externals such as fancy hairstyles, gold jewelry or what you wear; 4 rather, let it be the inner character of your heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit. In God’s sight this is of great value. 5 This is how the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves and submit to their husbands, 6 the way Sarah obeyed Avraham, honoring him as her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not succumb to fear.

 

Psalm 35 (0) By David:

(1) Adonai, oppose those who oppose me; fight against those who fight against me.
2 Grasp your shield and protective gear, and rise to my defense.
3 Brandish spear and battle-axe against my pursuers;
let me hear you say, “I am your salvation.”

May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to confusion;
may those who are plotting harm for me be repulsed and put to shame.
May they be like chaff before the wind, with the angel of Adonai to drive them on.
May their way be dark and slippery, with the angel of Adonai to pursue them.
For unprovoked, they hid their net over a pit; unprovoked, they dug it for me.
May destruction come over him unawares. May the net he concealed catch himself;
may he fall into it and be destroyed.

Then I will be joyful in AdonaiI will rejoice in his salvation.
10 All my bones will say, “Who is like you? Who can rescue the weak from those stronger than they,
the poor and needy from those who exploit them?”

11 Malicious witnesses come forward, asking me things about which I know nothing.
12 They repay me evil for good; it makes me feel desolate as a parent bereaved.
13 But I, when they were ill, wore sackcloth; I put myself out and fasted;
I can pray that what I prayed for them might also happen to me.
14 I behaved as I would for my friend or my brother; I bent down in sorrow as if mourning my mother.

15 But when I stumble, they gather in glee; they gather against me and strike me unawares;
they tear me apart unceasingly.
16 With ungodly mocking and grimacing, they grind their teeth at me.
17 Adonai, how much longer will you look on? Rescue me from their assaults,
save the one life I have from the lions!

18 I will give you thanks in the great assembly, I will give you praise among huge crowds of people.
19 Don’t let those who are wrongfully my enemies gloat over me; and those who hate me unprovoked —don’t let them smirk at me.

20 For they don’t speak words of peace but devise ways to deceive the peaceful of the land.
21 They shout to accuse me, “Aha! Aha! we saw you with our own eyes!”
22 You saw them, Adonai; don’t stay silent. Adonai, don’t stay far away from me.

23 Wake up! Get up, my God, my Lord! Defend me and my cause!
24 Give judgment for me, Adonai, my God, as your righteousness demands.

Don’t let them gloat over me.
25 Don’t let them say to themselves, “Aha! We got what we wanted!”
or say, “We swallowed them up!”
26 May those who gloat over my distress be disgraced and humiliated.
May those who aggrandize themselves at my expense be covered with shame and confusion.

27 But may those who delight in my righteousness shout for joy and be glad!
Let them say always, “How great is Adonai, who delights in the peace of his servant!”
28 Then my tongue will tell of your righteousness and praise you all day long.

Princess diaries:

Last night at 1AM I woke up because I fell asleep at the Tabernacle and there were strange evil noises oustide the house that I can could hear so I got up and transferred to the TV room where I accompanied David to sleep but then I couldn't go back to sleep so I read my Psalm 35 and it was so timely because I felt there were enemies trying to harass me with anxiety and anger. So I prayed Psalm 35 and I praise GOD I fell back to sleep I don't know what time it was and I woke up a little later at 6AM because I needed the rest and today I am refreshed because it is a wonderful shabbat and all the anxious thoughts and anger left me this morning, I didn't feel it anymore. How cunning the enemy is and if we don't fight back, we will lose this battle of faith, this war in the Spirit. 

 

Prayers Up:

Abba Father, Baruch Ata Adonai Elohim King of the Universe! Toda for this day that you have made, this wonderful Shabbat were I can enjoy rest from labors. Abba, let Your will be done and Your Kingdom come upon my husband, I, our families, our workers and businesses all things you have entrusted to us. Let Your will be done O GOD! I give you this day be glorified in it Abba! Give us Your WORD our living bread and toda for always faithfullly providing everything we need. Forgive us Adonai for all our sins against you and others and enable us to forgive those that have wronged us. Toda for the salvation of the Rotbart family of Moshe, Uy family of Uncle James, and the families I have been lifting to you in prayers. Continue to heal my Dad and Mom, their marriage, our brokeness, heal us all from physical and spiritual sickness heal us Abba and Deliver us Abba from all evil and strongholds that are not of You Ba HaShem YESHUA Your son. Put on us the full armor of GOD, that we may always win every battle in the spirit and give YOU all the praise, glory and honor that YOU alone deserve! And rejoice in YOU always forever O GOD!

 Ba HaShem YESHUA, HaMashiach,

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16 Tevet 5781, Thursday

5 Shevat 5781, Monday

9 Shevat 5781, Erev Shabbat