Shabbat Vayera He Appeared 19 Cheshvan

 VAYERA (And He Appeared) 

Parasha Reading: Genesis 18:1–22:24; 

Haftarah M'lakhim: 2 Kings 4:1–37; 

Brit Hadashah: Luke 1:26–38, 24:36–53; 17:26-37; Romans 9:6-9; Galatians 4:21-31; Hebrews 6:13-20; 11:13-19; James 2:14-24; 2 Peter 2:4-10

 
"The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day." (Genesis 18:1)

Abraham and the Three Angels,, by James Tissot


Psalm 28 NKJV
Rejoicing in Answered Prayer
A Psalm of David.
1To You I will cry, O Lord my Rock: Do not be silent to me,
Lest, if You are silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit.
2Hear the voice of my supplications When I cry to You,
When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.
3Do not [a]take me away with the wicked And with the workers of iniquity,
Who speak peace to their neighbors,But evil is in their hearts.
4Give them according to their deeds, And according to the wickedness of their endeavors;
Give them according to the work of their hands; Render to them what they deserve.
5Because they do not regard the works of the Lord, Nor the operation of His hands,
He shall destroy them And not build them up.
6Blessed be the Lord, Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
7The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.
8The Lord is [b]their strength, And He is the saving refuge of His [c]anointed.
9Save Your people, And bless Your inheritance;
Shepherd them also, And bear them up forever.


Genesis 22 When GOD tested Abraham
13 Avraham raised his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in the bushes by its horns. Avraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering in place of his son. 14 Avraham called the place Adonai Yir’eh [Adonai will see (to it), Adonai provides] — as it is said to this day, “On the mountain Adonai is seen.”

Abba Yakar, Blessed are You my GOD Adonai Elohim and King of the Universe!
The most painful thing in this story is when GOD tests His servants to see if HE is number 1 in their hearts, not their desires... I have been tested by YOU Adonai, many many times... and here I am once again tested - without a promise, without a husband... But I have never turned away from YOU because I cannot... I am so much in need of You and even when my faith has been shaken for the past months I still crawl myself back to You because it is to my loss when I lose my trust in You... I am at lost because I am nothing without You. Please Adonai, whatever You do, do not ever take Your presence and comfort from You. Do not forget me, Listen to me when I cry, watch over me, love me like You do... cover me with Your Shekinah.

15 The angel of Adonai called to Avraham a second time out of heaven. 16 He said, “I have sworn by myself — says Adonai — that because you have done this, because you haven’t withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will most certainly bless you; and I will most certainly increase your descendants to as many as there are stars in the sky or grains of sand on the seashore. Your descendants will possess the cities of their enemies, 18 and by your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed — because you obeyed my order.”

2 Kings 4 The Shunamit woman receives a child
16 He said, “Next year, when the season comes around, you will be holding a son.” “No, my lord,” she answered. “Man of God, don’t lie to your servant!” 17 But the woman conceived and gave birth to a son the following year when the season came around, just as Elisha had said to her.

Dear Abba,
Wow! This is a double confirmation that by next year I will already receive a child. This week this has been your assurance to me. I have already received this WORD last year Adonai and I expected this year to be the year I will already have a child because remember You promised me while I fasted on a Yom Kippur, that I will not have to fast anymore next year because by that time I will already have a child but see here I am and without a husband. But Adonai I am thankful for all my blessings, I do not complain, I am content to be where I am and I am thankful that You have given me and my family time to be together due to the quarantine! But today I am receiving Your words once again Adonai! I am receiving them... I will hold on to them even though I did not understand the true time I will indeed receive a son. But You are my witness Abba, I hold on to Your words. Whether or not You fulfill Your promise to me, know for sure that I can't ever turn away from You because it is my loss to not have You. But then again, after receiving the promise, both Abraham and the Shunamit woman were tested once again. Abraham was to kill Isaac, the Shunamits child was dead... but they did not turn away from You. and I believe I every true child of Yours will not turn away from You because more than anything in this world, it is You that we need and love most. It is You, our GOD and keeper that we have our reason for living and being. You are our existence. 


Luke 1

30 The angel said to her, “Don’t be afraid, Miryam, for you have found favor with God. 31 Look! You will become pregnant, you will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Yeshua. 32 He will be great, he will be called Son of Ha‘Elyon. Adonai, God, will give him the throne of his forefather David; 33 and he will rule the House of Ya‘akov forever — there will be no end to his Kingdom.” 
37 For with God, nothing is impossible.” 38 Miryam said, “I am the servant of Adonai; may it happen to me as you have said.” Then the angel left her.


Luke 24
38 But he said to them, “Why are you so upset? Why are these doubts welling up inside you? 39 Look at my hands and my feet — it is I, myself! Touch me and see — a ghost doesn’t have flesh and bones, as you can see I do.”
49 Now I am sending forth upon you what my Father promised, so stay here in the city until you have been equipped with power from above.”


Luke 17

26 “Also, at the time of the Son of Man, it will be just as it was at the time of Noach. 27 People ate and drank, and men and women married, right up until the day Noach entered the ark; then the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise, as it was in the time of Lot — people ate and drank, bought and sold, planted and built; 29 but the day Lot left S’dom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 That is how it will be on the day the Son of Man is revealed.


Romans 9

9 For this is what the promise said: “At the time set, I will come; and Sarah will have a son.”[c]


Galatians 4

27 for the Tanakh says,
“Rejoice, you barren woman who does not bear children!
Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor!
For the deserted wife will have more children
than the one whose husband is with her!”[
a]


Hebrews 6
14 and said,
“I will certainly bless you,
and I will certainly give you many descendants”;[b]
15 and so, after waiting patiently, Avraham saw the promise fulfilled. 16 Now people swear oaths by someone greater than themselves, and confirmation by an oath puts an end to all dispute. 17 Therefore, when God wanted to demonstrate still more convincingly the unchangeable character of his intentions to those who were to receive what he had promised, he added an oath to the promise; 18 so that through two unchangeable things, in neither of which God could lie, we, who have fled to take a firm hold on the hope set before us, would be strongly encouraged.


Hebrews 11
17 By trusting, Avraham, when he was put to the test, offered up Yitz’chak as a sacrifice. Yes, he offered up his only son, he who had received the promises, 18 to whom it had been said, “What is called your ‘seed’ will be in Yitz’chak.”[b] 19 For he had concluded that God could even raise people from the dead! And, figuratively speaking, he did so receive him.


James 2
23 and the passage of the Tanakh was fulfilled which says, “Avraham had faith in God, and it was credited to his account as righteousness.”[b] He was even called God’s friend.[c] 24 You see that a person is declared righteous because of actions and not because of faith alone.


2 Peter 2
9 So the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and how to hold the wicked until the Day of Judgment while continuing to punish them, 10 especially those who follow their old natures in lust for filth and who despise authority.
Presumptuous and self-willed, these false teachers do not tremble at insulting angelic beings;




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16 Tevet 5781, Thursday

10 Cheshvan TH

5 Shevat 5781, Monday